NSU Counseling and Career Services is offering a free mental health screening on Feb. 22, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., and Feb. 23, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 307 of the student union. Those who come in for a session will be given a free mental health assessment by trained professionals.
The Counseling and Career Services center has qualified counselors on duty 24/7 and is located in the Student Union in Room 305. Below are some services offered to NSU students, faculty and staff to help with personal, academic or career concerns.
Free mental and career counseling:
* Go to their office or call 318-357-5621 between 8a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Thursday and 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Friday to set up an appointment.
* To speak to a counselor after office hours and on weekends, call University Police at 318-357-5431 and a counselor will be contacted for you.
In the event of a crisis:
* Suicide Hotline 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433)
* National Rape Crisis Hotline 1-800-656-4673
* Veterans’ Crisis Line 1-800-272-8255 and press 1